First off - this is probably one of my more liked skills as it provides components for so many other things and has a lot of use and value for the community. So thanks for making this a bit more than just carving toys and basic stick weapons.
That said, I think there's always room to add more versatility. The first thing I want to suggest for possible addition is pretty basic - shoes. Namely clogs and wooden sandals (potentially with woven cord or leather straps). Or just being able to carve wooden soles for other types of shoes, stacked heels, things of that nature. I think it would be really neat to include this in woodworking.
What might also be a fun addition to Woodworking so it doesn't require its own skill would be paper-making.
(basic instructions from Wikipedia)
- Separating the useful fibre from the rest of raw materials. (e.g. cellulose from wood, cotton, etc.)
- Beating down the fibre into pulp
- Adjusting the colour, mechanical, chemical, biological, and other properties of the paper by adding special chemical premixes
- Screening the resulting solution
- Pressing and drying to get the actual paper
- Paper marbling
Paper aside, other things I would like to be able to do with wood include:
- Wood Carving (specifically for decorating/customizing things like canes, furniture, staves, bows)
- Pyrography (same as above)
Recipe Addition request:
- Buckles (or rings if you want buckles only for smiths)
- Jewelry (brooches, hair pins/sticks/clasps, bracelets/cuffs, earrings)