Khaldeans join the playable race roster

Discuss the various peoples and cultures of the land.
Rias
DEV

Khaldeans join the playable race roster

Post by Rias »

Khaldeans are now a race option for new characters! They've only got a tiny little blurb on the races page right now (matching the one given in character creation), but I plan to take a significant break from code this weekend and focus on some lore.

So, if there are things you specifically want to know about the Khaldeans, now's the time to ask.

Here's a freebie: They're not one big society of zany gadgeteers with grease-stained overalls, thick goggles, and oversized wrenches whom are constantly causing comedic mayhem with their wacky inventions. I mean, some of them are, but that is far from their cultural identity. Overall, they're more just lovers of knowledge and learning, pursuing the sciences and discovering how the world scales both up (astronomy) and down (microscopes and all that fun stuff). They're also notable for their pioneering technologies of greater complexity (clockwork and steam mechanisms, for example).
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Fall

Re: Khaldeans join the playable race roster

Post by Fall »

What is their culture like? What is their land like? I can't find any details anywhere. I just had my first real conversation with another PC today and I'd like to start working on my guy's story. I am guessing they are middle eastern based on their name, appearance, and relation and proximity to Nuum which seems Egyptian.
You notice ((DEV Rias)) reaching discreetly into your crude threadbare wool pants! Seeing your attention, he quickly withdraws his hand.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Whoops! I'll get on race lore this week. You're right that they're middle-east-esque, just be careful not to make too many assumptions based on real-world cultures. I'll get at least some basic lore up as soon as I can.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Fall

Post by Fall »

I'd still love to learn more about the Khaldeans!
You notice ((DEV Rias)) reaching discreetly into your crude threadbare wool pants! Seeing your attention, he quickly withdraws his hand.