Vodr/Toteoh Connection?

Discussion of religion and the Immortals.
Bonehead

Vodr/Toteoh Connection?

Post by Bonehead »

I've been wondering if Toteoh might be seen to have any connection with Vodr? It seems as if there might be a connection with the Arrival of the Huecatn and the Shattering of Toteoh with the great Catastrophe that Vodr sacrificed himself to protect the world from. Do the Huecatn have a Vodr analog?
Wut?
Rias
DEV

Re: Vodr/Toteoh Connection?

Post by Rias »

Toteoh's got a connection with just about any Immortal as you'll hear the Huecatn tell it. I could see some speculation over possible links between Great But Vaguely-Defined Cataclysmic Historic Events, but it's definitely pretty far into the realm of speculation at that point. I like the theory though! I love hearing player theories.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Bonehead

Re: Vodr/Toteoh Connection?

Post by Bonehead »

I figured he would be important to the Huecatn for a couple reasons.

1) Their country has a border bumping up next to the ocean on it's western end. I can imagine a multitude of villages making a living off of fishing in the sea.

2) They live in a Jungle. Storms are quite common in jungle environments, some seasons happening almost daily. Heck, they could possibly even have seasonal monsoon type weather as well!

It would be interesting to see what cultural differences there are as well. Is he considered the father of sea and river like other cultures, or is there no connection? What strange animal do they represent him with? Some sort of multi finned fish? A Shark? Perhaps they consider him a minor weather deity instead of a Prime Immortal in their culture? Or is Qetzicotl seen as their equivalent of Vodr, seeing as he is in charge of the winds and sky?
Wut?