Article on Knights Templar

General discussion about the world and lore of COGG.
Rias
DEV

Article on Knights Templar

Post by Rias »

There's some info on the order of the Knights Templar which can be seen here on the wiki or in-game by typing HELP TEMPLAR.

They've clearly had a rough time of it lately, and are not as present or accessible as they were in "the other game". A couple clarifying notes:
- There is no in-game Templar organization that can be joined. A character wishing to somehow find and join them someday as part of their backstory or motivation or life goals is fine, but just understand it won't actually happen in the game. (I recommend Wyrvardn for such people, once that Society is implemented in-game.)
- There's a lot of intentional mystery regarding the Templar organization and its status at this point, so please refrain from including Templar in character backstories or anything else that would amount to assuming a character knows or has interacted with one of their order. Suspecting someone they knew or met may have secretly been a Templar is fine.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Re: Article on Knights Templar

Post by Rias »

I've added a note to the end of the article, which I'll also post here as a reminder to players coming up with their backstories.
Much about the Templar organization, its members, and its status - whether any Templar even exist anymore - at this point is a deliberate mystery. Players should please refrain from including Templar interactions or acquaintances in character backstories or anything else that would amount to assuming a character knows or has interacted with one of their order. As stated in the above article, they were disbanded by the King of Ivial some time ago and have not been seen or heard from since (other than unverified rumors, folk tales, and the like). Claiming suspicions that someone in a backstory might possibly have secretly been a surviving Templar is acceptable, but no assumptions should be made that this is in fact true.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO