Dylan

Give your fellow roleplayers some kudos.
artus

Re: Dylan

Post by artus »

Uh, just got news ic this morning my time. It was ironically coincidental given the last scene between him and Artus was a pretty...emotional one, well not really but one single sentence from him lead to an rp with sierra after, which ended up making both her and me crying ooc. To play that scene out and then finding him dead today is a hard blow to the gut and a reason why I missed that epic rp moment. Well played!
Looking forward to what comes next. You've been an icon.
Taliaferro

Post by Taliaferro »

What a hell of a run! Tons of respect to the player for accomplishing so much playing a mere mortal.

Moreover, though, absolutely every interaction with Dylan was a joy. Every single time my character ran into him I thought to myself, "Why am I not roleplaying with this dude more?" He was the best.

Looking forward to see what his player comes up with, next, and, for purely selfish reasons, hoping they choose an undying character!
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

Thank you all for your kind words.

To be honest, I cried a lot after Dylan died -- so much that my eyes hurt -- but I walked into the situation stone-cold sober and knowing that the end could, and probably would, result. I don't know if it was the "right" time for Dylan to die. Maybe there isn't a right time for it. Death just kind of happens, especially in a place as hostile as the Lost Lands.

It is appropriate, however, that a sailor would find his death at the hands of a Siren.

I'm happy to hear that Dylan's life and death had such a far-reaching impact on other PCs. I think it's good for our Undying characters to remember that not everyone is as fortunate (or unfortunate, depending on your view) as they are -- for our characters to have some perspective on the sometimes-overlooked ordinary people who share a world with these crazy, death-defying adventuring folk.

I know I'm not alone in the emotions I felt toward Dylan's loss. I think the fact that we can even have feelings towards fictional characters is amazing, and it speaks to the power of words. As a player, I have made it my goal to use words to entertain other players, to bring them joy, and to give them something to think about. I hope I have done that and can continue to do that.

Thank you.