Soundpack for VIP Mud

Discussion of MUD clients, plugins, the website, and other technical stuff.
Ravager

Soundpack for VIP Mud

Post by Ravager »

Alright, this is the start to the soundpack I am working on for VIP Mud. A lot of what I want to do is not implemented yet, but I am working on it. Unfortunately, with both only one person working on the pack, and stuff that is going on here at home, this is a slow project. Keep watch though as I will just update this thread as I update the pack, and release updates. Basically, download the pack, unzip it somewhere, and go in the CoggSP folder and read the README.txt file. That explains setup, and what options need to be where.

Cogg SP for VIP Mud:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcpql54to2i3c ... P.zip?dl=1

Note to people downloading updates and putting them in. You shouldn't have to shut down VIP Mud to update it. Just do the same as you would if you were installing it, and then in VIP Mud, when you are on Cogg, just do this:

Hit alt
arrow down twice to connect
arrow right once
arrow down four times to "reload"
hit enter

you may get errors because of how it saves ESP and #Game channels in the variable file. Hit space once or twice, then control F4 to ger rid of, and out of the errors window.
Last edited by Ravager on Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Rias
DEV

Re: Soundpack for VIP Mud

Post by Rias »

Thanks for working on that and sharing it, Ravager. I took the liberty of hosting the zip file and made the "Soundpack" wiki article/helpfile that will give a link to it. So if people type HELP SOUNDPACK in-game they should be pointed to that.

If anyone else has soundpacks to share for other clients, please let me know!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Ravager

Post by Ravager »

Okay, pack has been updated. Here's what it has updated.

Most damage types have a sound
quite a bit of Shadgard has ambience sounds that loop (not all of it, so please don't message me reporting it's not working)
slashing, swinging, and punching has sounds
new volume controls for ambiences (view readme.txt)
sound loop stops (view readme.txt)
added BGM for toggling of ambiences on and off (view readme.txt)
(hopefully) easier to understand directions of where to place things to work

The download link has been updated. Same as before, unzip CoggSP.zip somewhere, go into the folder, and view the readme.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I'd be happy to provide strings for string matching purposes. Just let me know what you need. I'll probably start throwing them on a page somewhere so anyone working on a soundpack can reference it.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Ravager

Post by Ravager »

Strings put somewhere would be super helpful, especially since I don't have to have a character (or roll up another 20) go and do stuff, gain skills to grab strings, and forget them, to put them elsewhere, or ever worse, get *all* the abilities to have the casting, falling, and use strings.

Right now, for me at least, one I would like is the string when you are up top of something, fail the climb roll, and end up falling.

Thanks a ton for offering to post strings somewhere. You have no clue how much this will help.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

You slip while trying to climb down the <item>!
<name> slips while trying to climb the <item> and falls!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

[strike]Ravager, it seems that link doesn't work anymore, and someone was recently asking for the soundpack. Are you able to provide a new link?[/strike]

Whoops! Never mind. This is what I get for not reading the whole thread before posting.
Last edited by Marcuson on Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Rias wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:13 pm I took the liberty of hosting the zip file and made the "Soundpack" wiki article/helpfile that will give a link to it. So if people type HELP SOUNDPACK in-game they should be pointed to that.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
sapphire

Post by sapphire »

Is it possible to have a toggle for activity sounds. When I'm roleplaying and such sounds like weaving can be distracting. I do do stopmusic but then I have to do it each time I start the activity again.