Tactics: guardian

For technical bugs that merit special attention or discussion. (Please use the BUG command in-game first to report the bug.)
Dennis

Tactics: guardian

Post by Dennis »

I ran into some issues with group play using tactics: guardian today.
A focus on defense, shield use for both offense and defense, and guarding one's allies.
OOC description: (A tactic granting a passive chance to intercept attacks on all group members, a chance to counterattack when blocking or parrying, and increased defenses at a slight penalty to offense.)
Usage: tactic guardian. Only one tactic can be used at a time.
Tactic armor encumbrance reductions:
heavy: 30%
It looks like tactics guardian is not passively intercepting attacks on all group members, as I went through quite a few combat rounds without a passive intercept.
Simultaneously, when I started to guard an ally, I stopped using my block stat and only used my dodge statistic, which was significantly worse than block.

This was after I actively declared guarding.
** You intercept an attack on a short wiry platinum-blond-haired youthful man with fair skin and hazel eyes! **
An infested marauder swings at a short wiry platinum-blond-haired youthful man with fair skin and hazel eyes with her flint hammer! Melee(d220):124 vs Dodge(d176(-3+[1]x)):67 = 57 (25%)
19 crush damage (right arm)
Incoming standard attacks on me still use my block as it should.
An infested marauder swings at you with her pine cudgel! Melee(d220(-2x)):33 vs Block(d174(4+[1]x)):133 = -100 (-45%)
blocked!
>>Eng E:194 B:13 Enc:1 Mrl:+4.91 Ntr:57% Guarding Exp:9%
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Rias
DEV

Re: Tactics: guardian

Post by Rias »

Hmmm. Considering what Tactics: Guardian already does and now that it's considered a baseline ability for its class, I may split the guarding of all other group members into its own ability complete with an on/off toggle.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO