Unable to Login

For technical bugs that merit special attention or discussion. (Please use the BUG command in-game first to report the bug.)
Kalista

Unable to Login

Post by Kalista »

Due to the new changes, Neither I nor Vazbol have been able to log in. For both of us, our passwords don't work and I know absolutely that I put the right one in. On a sidenote, the recover command that's suppose to help with that doesn't seem to exist. Type recover and it says it's a username and prompts a password.
Rias
DEV

Re: Unable to Login

Post by Rias »

I fixed the recover command, so that should be working for you. Which MUD client are you using? I wonder if it's sending special characters that are messing up your password input. I'll look at better command input sanitizing in general (I've already made a few changes, so try logging in again), but knowing which client you're using would be a big help toward figuring out the issue.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Kalista

Post by Kalista »

I'm using mushclient, I prefer it because I've fixed Clok's soundpack to mostly work there. I will try logging in, hopefully it works. maybe I'll try another client?

I tried and it didn't work, so it can't be just my account. Vazbol I believe is using Vipmud, the client I just tried logging in on. Maybe it is just those 2?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Weird. I just logged in with Mushclient 5.06, which I believe is the latest version.

I do see some strange characters in the command when you entered your account name (can't see the password entry). Did it say your account existed or did it act like it was trying to register a new one?
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Kalista

Post by Kalista »

It says it's a registered account, the password just says invalid and I didn't even get an email setup...I thought I did.
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

I'm in the same boat. Password isn't recognized, and even when I used the recover command that password didn't work.

Now, the recover command doesn't even seem to work.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Well, shoot. Which client are you using?
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Cmud
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Okay, it should be fixed now. Karjus was able to log in. Let me know if you still have trouble, Kalista.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

Hello Rias, same is happening to me... invalid password. Says no email registered.