Ongoing recipe troubles

For technical bugs that merit special attention or discussion. (Please use the BUG command in-game first to report the bug.)
ironcross

Ongoing recipe troubles

Post by ironcross »

I've been having ongoing recipe troubles as certain recipes do not show up to be made with certain materials. I have bugged several instances of this occurring. At the most recent instant, it is hampering my progress since I cannot procure what I need in any other way. The drill turning handle is not available to be made in copper or iron, and there are no drills/augers available in the market or the blacksmith's shop.
Rias
DEV

Re: Ongoing recipe troubles

Post by Rias »

Like the handles for awls and chisels and such, the drill turning handle is a woodworked item.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Interesting. In that case, are those recipes meant to be able to be picked up in the smithy? Because that's where I learned them. Also, in the crafting requirements section, it says it requires a metal bloom.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Oh, I was mixing it up with the drill pressure handle. I can make a turning handle though, are you sure your bloom is big enough?
hammer iron bloom
You have the following options:

cooking pot longsword blade single-hand sword grip
drill turning handle pure sling bullet
large ring rapier blade thin spoke
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

`It was a huge iron bloom, also when I tried with copper, that was a huge bloom as well. I seem to have similar things with other recipes; however, in those cases, I can usually make it with iron if they don't show up under copper.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Hrm. Next time you log in, type RECIPE KNOWN and make sure you learned the recipe. I don't see it in your character data, and in the commandlogs I see several instances of your looking up the recipe info and trying to make one, but never actually learning it.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

I can come on now and look. It's possible I missed typing it the second time or something. I think the game is trying to make me out to be insane :P

Edit: OK, learned the recipe and it's fine now. Sorry about that, I jumped the gun a bit. I got suspicious when I saw something similar to something I've seen in the past.