Excessive Bad Luck, or Something Else. Confusing in Any Case

For technical bugs that merit special attention or discussion. (Please use the BUG command in-game first to report the bug.)
Frisbee

Excessive Bad Luck, or Something Else. Confusing in Any Case

Post by Frisbee »

So I've filed a bug report for this, but I decided to post here, because i'm feeling strangely alarmed.

My character is an adventurer -- Not really a fighting-type, but I thought she could take on a few of the easier mobs. She wears padded armour, and usually that would work out, what with them doing mainly bludgeoning damage and her being a stealth-based build. Today, though! I'd take about three hits to the same spot and start bleeding. One of the wounds that ended up bleeding was moderate, too, so I don't know what was up with that. i haven't had the chance to test it on different foes, so I don't know if it's the armour that suddenly doesn't resist as well, or the mobs that got stronger. Their melee rolls were the same, though. I know that non-warriors are supposed to be squishier, but this is a tad too much, in my opinion, if it was indeed an intended feature that we never got a changelog entry about. Please forgive me if I'm complaining about nothing, but it was so consistent I thought it couldn't possibly be pure chance. Others do feel free to point out if similar has happened to you recently, or shoot this down. :D

Thank you.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Rias
DEV

Re: Excessive Bad Luck, or Something Else. Confusing in Any Case

Post by Rias »

There haven't been any changes in regards to any guild or class getting hit any more often or harder that I can recall. (Or mob aiming.) Non-Warriors don't have any inherent combat/damage/roll penalties, they just lack the many Warrior bonuses. Sounds like a run of bad RNG luck, but if anyone is experiencing similar, please do chime in and I'll take a more thorough look for what might be causing an issue.

The bleeding moderate wound is a head-scratcher that I haven't been able to reproduce, both as a Constitution character and otherwise. I thought it might be some weird case of wonky rounding or a bad >= operator but so far I've not bled from any moderate wounds, even just a single point below the bleeding threshold. In fact, it looks like I don't actually bleed until I'm one point *over* the minimum major/bleeding wound threshold. If anyone experiences a bleeding moderate wound, please report it and any details you suspect could possibly be relevant to to the situation.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Frisbee

Re: Excessive Bad Luck, or Something Else. Confusing in Any Case

Post by Frisbee »

It may very well have been just one of those days. Thank you for your incredibly swift reply. I'm going out for more testing.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.